- This Wiki contains official information about Dance Moms, including in-universe and behind-the-scenes. Users should only post information from official or reliable sources. This includes press releases, and information from the dancers' websites (such as Twitter and official sites). Keep in mind that information coming from the actors is subject to change at any time.
- Everybody is entitled to edit the Wiki, therefore, don't erase information unless it is proven false. You will get an immediate warning and then a ban.
- Don't make quick edits such as removing/adding material back and forth, adding material letter by letter, adding and removing periods, etc.; it is not tolerated. While we understand that you want to get your edit count up, it is not in good faith and you will receive an informal warning from an admin with no action taken, which will be your last. If it happens again, you will receive a first formal warning.
- Keep comments on topic. You may talk about other topics in the comments sections, but try to keep a majority of the comments on what the page is for. Don't talk about off-topic things 50% of the time you're there; there are pages for that, and you can help them get active by trying to start that discussion there.
- Do not add irrelevant tags to pages. This can make the wiki extremely cluttered.
- Do not insert false information. We will ask for a verified source if we think something is questionable. You will get a warning and if it continues, a ban.
- If you've recently watched an episode, please try and help edit that page with as much factual information as possible. This includes adding images to the episode galleries, adding airdates, guest stars, etc.
- If you are editing in information on upcoming episodes, provide a source. Either reference it directly on the page (by code), or add the source URL and info into the comments section and an admin or another user will add it if it is reliable.
- If you don't source information for an upcoming episode, your edit(s) will be reverted, or you will be asked for a source.
- Speculation about episodes should be kept in the comments section, not as main article content.
- Like dancers pages, do not insert false information. It is especially important here, as these are real people, with celebrity status, and their information should be as accurate as possible.
- You are allowed to change the main photos of the cast members if you feel like the current one is outdated.
- You are encouraged to keep information updated, such as ages when their birthday passes, adding projects (songs, new shows, guest spots, movies, etc.), and adding to their photo galleries.
- You are encouraged to upload photos. We would like it if you would add categories to the images (please see Categorizing Images for more info).
- If possible, keep the filenames of the photos you upload neat. The subject of the photo should be clearly indicated in the filename. For example, if you are uploading an image of Maddie Ziegler from the episode The Competition Begins, name it like
"S1E01 Maddie Ziegler 1.jpg",
"The Competition Begins 35m22s.png", etc. It will be easier for people to search for and organize images if they are properly named.
- Examples of poor filenames would be
"091294assd7009a1o.jpg", where it is difficult to remember any portion of that filename;
- or multiple filenames named
Tumblr_mjm3oiKVAX1r43mqxo1_500.jpg, Tumblr_mjm3oiKVAX1r43mqxo1_500.jpg, Tumblr_mmfxqesRIX1r43mqxo1_500.jpg, Tumblr_mmfxqesRIX1r43mqxo3_500.jpg, etc.where filenames with identical prefixes and nonsensical surnames are extremely difficult to distinguish from one another.
- Examples of poor filenames would be
- Do not upload images with inappropriate content (language, imagery, etc.), Dance Moms-related or not. The image will be deleted immediately and you will receive an informal warning which will escalade into a ban if it continues.
- If an image already exists on the wiki, do not upload another version until a different file name. Additionally, do not replace an image with a lower quality or smaller size version. If you are found to be doing this for multiple images, you will be banned.
- You are encouraged to personalize your user profile page if you'd like.
- However, do not post inappropriate content, or you will get a warning.
- You may post things that are not Dance Moms-related on your user page, but please try to limit unrelated photos, and categorize them as "User Images".
- Do not, under any circumstance, edit another user's profile page. Do not vandalize, remove, or add anything. You will get an informal warning which will escalate into a 1st, 2nd, and final warning, then a ban if it continues. You can leave a message on their Message Wall if you want, but we draw the line at editing someone's user page.
- Admins may edit people's user pages if they are improperly categorized or contain inappropriate material.